14th Root-Pike WIN – 9 am to noon is are having a volunteer work day to remove invasive buckthorn from the woods at Pritchard Park. It will allow more native vegetation to be planted in the area to help restore the wetlands,
13th 14th 20th 21st 27th 28th – Walking Ghost Tours of Downtown Racine – Click our Walking Ghost Button for details and to purchase tickets on line, or Stop in our office to buy your tickets.
28th Make a Difference Day Events to volunteer at:
- Racine Friendship Clubhouse is interested in having volunteers close our garden for the year. It will involve pulling out all of the plants and yardwork, from 9-12. I think about 5 volunteers should be sufficient, but many hands make the load light. To volunteer call : Christopher Rosin 262-636-9393
- Habitat Restore in Racine, WI..we need help always,,mostly on Saturdays, 9:00 am thru 4pm.. . What we need, at least 2 able bodies (parents consent if under 18) able to move, clean, wash, load, or assist with the warehouse, and or store up keep. Person should be able to move about in and out of show room, warehouse and outside in some what PA carious areas. Unsupervised, and or self motivated friendly, customer orientated, and or able to communicate with staff. Call and get set up for Saturday tasks,, and ask for Thom and or “Yo”…bring a lunch.. you’ll want to stay!,, 2302 DeKoven Ave,, Racine, WI 53403 262-898-2929.
- River Bend Nature Center – could use up to 15 volunteers to do general trail and park maintenance, firewood moving, and invasive plant removal. 9 a.m. – noon would be ideal for church group or boy or girl scout troop. –
- Racine Literacy Council – 734 Lake Avenue, Racine 53403. is closing The Shakespeare Garden for the winter. It would be outside work that would include emptying planters to store, raking leaves, some weeding, general clean up of grounds. To volunteer contact: Kathy Ginther, firstname.lastname@example.org and 262-939-1182. 9am to noon would be fantast.
- West Sixth Street Cop House – 1511 West 6th Street 9 am to noon – Racking and cleaning out the Outside flower bed / garden. Raking and weeding sand base for the children’s playground.
28th Boo at the Zoo – Boo at the Zoo is Racine Zoo’s 200 Goold Street – annual trunk-or-treat style event with free candy, games, pumpkin decorating, and other activities for kids. We are looking for volunteers to staff our “knock-knock doors,” in costume or not, and hand out candy and small toys to guests. Shifts will be from 8:45-12:00, 11:45-3:00, and 2:45-4:45. If you need any other information, please feel free to let me know. To volunteer contact Aszya Summers 262.635.7959 or email – email@example.com
28th Kids Connection Community Built Playground -RAIN or SHINE. 9 am to noon Re-seal and paint wood components at the play ground. Adult volunteers needed: involves some bending, reaching, painting on ladders. We will provide brushes, wood sealer, paint, bottled water and lunch. 9614 Northwestern Avenue (Hwy K) Caledonia Mount Pleasant Memorial Park Franksville, WI 5312 To volunteer or need more information call Juliet Primuth 262 886 3388
Gift Wrap – Regency Mall – volunteer to be a wrapper or stop by our booth and have your purchases wrapped. The shifts usually run in 2 or 3 hour intervals, such as 10 AM to 1 PM and 1 PM to 3 PM. I don’t have details on any training as yet. The shift schedule is now available, if you would like to sign up for a shift please call the Volunteer Center at 262-886-9612. You also need to register with the Volunteer Center.
You can do so online at www.volunteerracine.org then click on “Join Us” or call To volunteer call 262 886 9612